Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just a little update from SCB

So, it has been a while since I have written something on here. I have been more busy with giving and grading exams and eating lunches with students,etc.

Hard to believe that it is almost December. This semester seems to have flown by. Teaching is good. Not always easy but good.

My classes are NOT like I am teaching people ABC's. We AREN'T doing stuff like "See spot run." In my one Secretarial English class of 127 people on Monday from 3:50-5:30we went over how to write a resume'. So, those classes of beginning English do not exist anymore at the University level. The English level in China has improved dramatically in the last 10 years. I met a class of History majors this week and they have more English classes than History classes.

Be thinking about me the month of December as I will persevere through the month with the holiday season, cold weather, and Christmas parties.

I'll try to write more later......
Here are a few pics from the last 2 weeks